Monday, June 9, 2008

Detoxing from the weekend

On Saturday, we celebrated my husband's birthday with his family. The kids got cupcakes, ice cream, and Rice Krispies treats, and the adults got strawberry cheesecake (and ice cream, too!). Then on Sunday, the kids and I went over to my mom and step dad's house while the guys golfed. Lunch for them was a whole wheat tortilla with melted cheese, bananas, raisins and Sun Chips, and a dessert that I'm not remembering somehow. I think it was used as a bribe to get the kids to do something. I'm not above that.

To top it all off my husband and I got Maggie Moo's ice cream last night (ice cream and organic yogurt being my only dairy exceptions), so I'm suffering from a severe ice cream hangover. Lunch today for me was an organic baby greens salad with: 1/2 avocado, sugar snap peas, red grapes, organic vinaigrette dressing, and organic croutons. I'm going to see if my kids will enjoy this concoction tonight with dinner.

In their lunches were:

*Bean/cheese burrito for my son

The natural ones from Costco.

*Spinach/artichoke bites (Morningstar) for Reese.

*Baggie full of red grapes

*Carrots/ranch dressing thingy for Bodin.

I went to a health food store and bought some organic cereal bars and, believe it or not, BROWN rice krispies treats. I'll test these out later this week. I also bought some organic cashews and will be grinding up some cashew butter later this week. I've never bought organic cashews before.

So much fun!

No comments: