Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Juice!

I'm currently doing a three-day raw food diet with my mom. I eat fairly healthy (on most days), but every once in a while, I can tell that my system has been overtaxed by the foods I eat (Friday Family Pizza Night, anyone?), the environment I live in and the natural stressors in my life.

I'm on day two right now and have drank my breakfast for the past two mornings. I find that it keeps me full and peps me up a bit more than the heavier granola or whole food bar that I usually eat.

This is a very basic recipe that I used for this juice, which changes each time I make it.

The basics:

6 stalks celery
4 medium apples
1 whole beets (including stems and leaves)
6 carrots
1 lemon
1-2 inches of fresh ginger (gives it an extra kick!)

Juice, drink and enjoy!

I've had a Breville juicer for just about a year now and I really love it. Easy clean-up and massive juicing power.

No comments: